Absolute Carpet Care can restore water damaged carpets, homes, offices, units and bedrooms.
If you leave water damage sit there for more than 24 hours, mould growth can occur and end up costing more money to repair. Our aim is to return your property to its original condition and get your carpets clean with as little inconvenience to you as possible, in as little time as possible.
Do You Have A Business?
You need minimal interruption when repairing the flood damage…..
Yes, we run a business too and we know how stressful it can be when there is a disaster like water damage. The method we efficiently repair water damage is:
- Top down drying method – This is where we do not have to remove, or detach the carpet from the floor to dry it. Works in most cases, usually when there is no carpet underlay i.e. the carpet is directly glued to the carpet. Also when the water damage has not been sitting there for too long.
- Installation of Dehumidifiers – To dry the water damage. We use air movers, but dehumidifiers can greatly speed up the water damage drying time.
To minimise the water damage and job cost follow these simple steps:
- Think & practice safety first
- Turn off main power switch, then turn off & disconnect all plugs from wall sockets for all electrical appliances in affected areas
- Find the source of the water & stop it, if possible
- Remove as much water as possible by mopping or put as many towels as you can to soak up the water damage on the carpet and other flooring with water damage
- Lift the curtains off the floor and hang it on a coat hanger on the curtain rod
- Turn the air conditioning on if possible. This will reduce the humidity in the air and help dry the water damage, do not turn it on if it is flooded.
- Use fans to help circulate the air, do not use when flooded.
- Put aluminium foil or plastic shopping bags under furniture to prevent non-reversible staining to the carpet.
- Wipe the furniture dry with a towel
- Move rugs off the carpet to prevent staining
- Don’t use an ordinary vacuum to suck up the water
- Do not lift carpet from the edges without the proper tooling, this can rip threads in the carpet and make it impossible to restore.
- Do not use electrical appliances
- Don’t walk though a storm or flood damaged property with standing water unless you can be absolutely sure the main power is turned off
- Don’t use flood damaged electrical appliances
I am insured
Need us to invoice your insurance company direct?
We can invoice you insurance company directly, if you require![Conditions apply] We require:
- Name of your Insurance Company with mail address , phone number & email
- Name & contact details of your insurance Assessor.
- Policy Number
- Claim Number
Any Excess on your policy must be paid prior to the restoration commencing.
I am not insured
Our charges are payable upon completion of the work
Prior to commencing, we will supply a written “estimate” of costs. Any variation in this estimate will be discussed with you prior to incurring additional charges and a revised written quote will be submitted to you for you approval
Your understanding may be required
When there are large storms in Brisbane there is a great demand for our service and therefore it can be difficult to attend to your job immediately, but we will try our best to get there ASAP
How long will carpet restoration take?
Complete restoration of saturated carpet will “generally” take between 3-5 days. Our technician will advise you on the drying progress.
Carpet flooding such as this can be dried up in as little as two – three days.
What Type Of Water Has Affected The Carpet?
The types of water are:
- Clean Water (Category 1) – This is sanitary water and does not pose health risks.
- Grey Water (Category 2) – This is water that is not entirely clean and pose some risk such as dishwasher and washing machine water.
- Black Water (Category 3) – Grossly contaminated water which can contain pathogens. For example, sewage, toilet back-flow and seawater. In this case, we must replace the carpet.
Call Absolute Carpet Care today on 1300 136 365 if you have water damaged carpets.